TATCHA The Silk Canvas Protective Primer Mini
Out of stock
What it is:
A velvety priming balm of pressed silk that smooths and makes makeup last longer while keeping it out of skin, helping to prevent clogged pores and breakouts.
- Dullness and uneven texture
If you want to know more…
This multitasking skin-protecting, makeup-perfecting primer is for face, eyes, and lips. Silk extracts feel nourishing on skin and diminish the look of pores, fines lines, and imperfections for the perfect canvas before makeup. Silk powder makes makeup glide on more evenly and last longer, minimizing excess shine with a soft focus finish. A protective layer derived from botanicals acts as a barrier between makeup and skin, helping to prevent clogged pores that can lead to breakouts. Anti-pollution natural active ingredients fight immediate attack from environmental stressors and help support the skin’s barrier function to act against future attack, visibly reducing the appearance of wrinkles and dullness. Pink and gold pearl helps even skin tone for a healthy look, and hadasei-3—a trinity of Japanese superfoods green tea, rice, and algae—visibly restores youthful radiance.
What else you need to know:
This product is noncomedogenic, non-irritating, non-sensitizing, dermatologist tested, cruelty-free, and formulated without synthetic fragrances, mineral oil, sulfate detergents, urea, DEA, or TEA.
The journey of The Silk Canvas to you: the final step of the geisha’s skincare ritual—and the beginning of her makeup—is to press a thin layer of melted Japanese wax called Bintsuke into her skin. This soft layer creates a smooth, poreless canvas to help her makeup last all day and protect her skin beneath. Tatcha brings a modern evolution of this time-honored practice to life in The Silk Canvas.
Beauty that gives back: every Tatcha purchase you make supports girls’ education around the world. Tatcha is proud to partner with Room to Read to transform girls’ futures.—Victoria Tsai, Founder
- 100% of subjects agreed that their skin felt smoother immediately after application
After 2 weeks:
- 100% of subjects agreed after using the primer that their skin felt soft, fresh, and natural, more even-toned, younger, and healthier, and their makeup applied more smoothly
- 95% of subjects agreed after using the primer that their skin had a healthy glow, a soft "filter finish" look even without makeup, their skin had a satin finish, and their foundation had better coverage
- 90% of subjects agreed after using the primer that their makeup did not crease and that they would wear the primer alone without makeup